Click on images to expand, scroll down for details and prices
Oil on Board
11 x 14½ ins (27.94 x 36.83 cms)
Signed and Signed and Titled on Reverse of Board
Sorry this item is sold
John Owens, a textile merchant, left a bequest of £96,942 in 1846 to found a college to educate men on non-sectarian lines. His trustees established Owens College in 1851 in a house on the corner of Quay Street and Byrom Street which had been the home of the philanthropist Richard Cobden, and subsequently housed Manchester County Court.
Tues - Sat 10.00am - 5.00 pm
All other times by appointment