Please scroll down for details and prices
9¾ x 13¾ ins (24.77 x 34.92 cms)
Signed and Dated
Sorry this item is sold
During the 1950's Lowry was commissioned by the Friends of Middlesbrough Art Gallery to paint a local subject for the gallery's permanent collection, he chose St Hilda's Church and the Old Town Hall. The commission resulted in a number of paintings and drawings of the subject, of which this is one.The Town Hall is still standing but St Hilda's Church has since been demolished. This drawing features just the Town Hall.
Tues - Sat 10.00am - 5.00 pm
All other times by appointment